Ceasefire with Boko Haram announced

image

Chief of Defence staff, Alex Badeh, has announced that a ceasefire agreement has been reached with Boko Haram forces.

According to the BBC, “Nigerian presidential aide Hassan Tukur told BBC Focus on Africa that the agreement followed one month of negotiations, mediated by Chad. He said Boko Haram had announced a unilateral ceasefire on Thursday and the government had responded.”

It is also believed that this ceasefire agreement will lead to the release of the over 200 girls, kidnapped earlier this year, following a raid on the village of Chibok in Borno state.

Bruce Wayne jnr. PhD in jollof and dodo. Member of the League of Shadows.

Be first to comment